Meta Data Management Consultant
- Strong understanding of the managed meta data environment (MME) and its architectural components.
- Ability to work at multiple levels of a meta data management project, including defining the meta data management architecture, managing the meta data project, mentoring meta data developers, etc.
- Implement meta data standards for the developers to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with meta data management tools such asIBM’s MetaStage, Informatica’s SuperGlue, CA Advantage Repositories, ASG Rochade, Adaptive, MetaMatrix or DAG MetaCenter
- Data governance functional and practical knowledge
- Validate meta data content in collaboration with the respective data stewards
- Classify and enrich meta data requirements to ensure performance and functionality of the meta data management system for future releases
- Design architecture for future enhancements
- A qualified candidate will need to participate in data architecture related tasks such as:
- Design conceptual data model business requirements
- Design logical and physical data model
- Create documents to explain the data models
- Walk-through the data model and accompanying documentation with technical architects and business users
- Candidate will possess experience in data modeling and development with DBMS
- Candidate must possess strong analytical skills for effective problem solving, excellent written and verbal communication skills, good client presence, and work well in a team environment.
- BS degree (Computer Science concentration preferred) or equivalent experience required
Beneficial Job Skills
- Sound knowledge of master data management strategy, techniques and approaches
- Assist in the development of the back-end of the managed meta data environment (the process of getting data into the meta data repository), extracting meta data from its sources and programmatically integrating it into a database
- Delivery for the front end of theMetadata repository, extracting meta data from the repository and presenting it using client web applications
- has an extensive interviewing process that includes workshop testing
- Background checks and drug screening are performed