Sales / Marketing – Sales & Sales Management
Full-time New York City – greater New York City area
The Polymer Trader is responsible for trading activities related to one or more products in the areas of PE, PVC, PP, PET, EVA or other polymers.
Primary Job Duties:
– Selling, marketing and sourcing plastics using extensive experience in trading in the chemical industry.
– Domestic and/or international sales experience.
– Pursuing opportunities for growth within their specialty as well as new opportunities that fit within the overall business, whether or not they are currently being exploited.
– Travel as required to meet potential new suppliers and customers as well as strengthen existing relationships.
– Being able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
– Chemistry or chemical engineering education
– 15+ years of chemical/polymer trading
– International exposure
– Experience building a team and managing them
– Preferably lives in the New York City area
– Follow up skills on own projects and on others
– High energy
– Strong delegation skills
– Well organized
– Quick – able to multi-task, analyze information and draw conclusions quickly, communicate succinctly in meetings
15+ years of experience
Management Experience Required – No
Minimum Education – Bachelor’s Degree
Willingness to Travel – Often
This company is a great place to work because:
We are a global trading and distribution company in business for almost 30 years. We have a strong, on-going relationship with many chemical producers and thousands of customers in the US and around the world. Our offices in Manhattan are convenient for anyone living in the greater NY/NJ/CT area. We surround each trader with the logistical, marketing, and financial support necessary to run a successful trading operation. We are growth oriented and encourage our traders to expand their portfolio and seek new, profitable, opportunities.