We are looking for an experienced, intelligent and passionate SEM Manager with excellent communication skills. This position contributes directly to the bottom line at our company. The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Manager is responsible for the creation and management of Search Engine Marketing campaigns that will increase margin and ROI for the our SEM business. The ideal candidate has experience both in driving significant margin growth and in the automation of SEM operations through in-house tools.
-Manage SEM campaigns from keyword discovery through campaign setup and performance analysis.
-Develop, implement, and analyze SEM campaigns top to bottom across multiple web sites
-Continuously create, categorize and refine keyword lists to drive incremental conversions
-Measure and evaluate the impact of bidding algorithm changes, campaign expansions and other internal and external factors
-Create and test ad copy via self-developed optimization schedule
-Report developing search trends and opportunities to management team
-Maintain an SEM campaign calendar to effectively communicate launches, time-sensitive or seasonal campaigns, etc.
-Summarize and communicate the status of all campaigns with appropriate internal and external contacts
-Work with Business Intelligence, Corporate Applications, Engineering and IT Ops to continue automating as much of the SEM Operations as possible to maximize decision making time
-Initiate and spec new features for InfoSpace SEM Tools and automated bidding algorithms
-Plan, execute, and analyze test results around bid logic improvements, landing page optimization and keyword-level revenue.
-Monitor and assess financial and operational performance trends.
-Investigate and communicate the impact of systemic and seasonal factors on profit. Engage the help of other departments in proving out theories.
-Conduct competitive research on a regular basis, analyze competitive reports and report to team on trending/recommendations
-Independently seek out new opportunities to grow the business that may include A/B testing, new revenue or traffic sources, campaign re-structuring, data feed enhancements, bid optimization, etc.
– 3-5 years of experience managing multiple PPC campaigns and/or large volume accounts with a proven track record of leveraging data analytics to drive significant business impact
– Experience creating and executing successful SEM campaigns through the ongoing optimization of several variables: ad copy, keyword, geo-targeting, day-parting, landing page, response times, quality scores, etc.
– Heavy analytics skills for data-driven decision making, technical skills in Excel and SQL.
– Strong problem solving, time-management, and project-management skills.
– Strong business acumen, critical thinking ability, risk management and attention to detail
– Experience using PPC Management tools – Google, AdWords Editor, Yahoo Search Marketing Desktop, Microsoft adCenter Desktop)
– Experience with Bid Management & Web Analytics tools
– Ability to manage accounts and initiatives proactively with minimal supervision, strong time-management and project-management skills
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– People management experience and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) knowledge is helpful, but not required.